Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Strawberry Poop and CRAPPY scale

Excuse my language, but the two words that have been floating in my brain all day is "strawberry poop". As I said yesterday, I was going to blend my formula into a fruit smoothie in the morning and I was actually really excited about it!
NOT
 
I went to follow their instructions with the exact proportions and blended my smoothie, at first it looked good, pink goodness. Then it thickened up...........I didn't have time for a redo and just got in the car for work. In the car I stuck my spoon in (I KNEW it was thick enough not to fit through a straw) and viola! it came out the exact same texture as it normally does. Too bad, so sad. Still have to take as much as I could. Luckily I had strawberries, soy milk and ice blended in so the taste was much better but the texture was still like rubber cement.
 
I did my research again and decided for smoothies I would need to only do half a dose and probably no ice and not soy milk. Probably just juice, fruit and the formula. So even if it thickened up, it would only thicken up to a smoothie consistency...maybe? kinda? theoretically? I also think I might bust out my regular size blender rather than using my magic bullet.
 
Lunch: guacamole and chips, I probably clocked in around 5-600 calories but I also went brisk walking (worked up a sweat in 50 degree weather!) for about 35 minutes.
 
Dinner: leftover teriyaki chicken yakisoba. I ate late again though, around 8pm. I did finish all the yakisoba itself but didn't touch the rice side it came with. Also downed another 30oz of water with it too.
 
My water intake actually has been pretty easy, I work a desk job so I don't really notice drinking that much. A good tip is to get BIG tumblers, not just bottles of water. My car/home cup is 32oz and my work tumbler is 20oz. Roca Labs recommend 9 - 8oz bottles of water, which makes it 72oz. With my tumblers, I can easily do that portion in one morning. Definitely good to think about!
  
 
Tomorrow I plan to just down the formula in liquid form. I understand it won't be AS effective, but if makes it substantially easier to take (which I believe it will), I'm all for it. I do okay controlling my portions and getting some exercise in anyway. Plus I haven't utilized the Anti-Cravings yet, so it should help.
 
 
Weight: 178.5!!!!! I gained! Given the weekend I was half expecting it, but what I'm most upset about is my stupid scale! I probably got 178.5 about 4 times, 180 a few times, and then 183 another 2 times. I changed the battery and everything. I'll give it some credit cuz it's about 4 years old and hasn't been used much until Roca Labs.
 
 
Plan for tomorrow: drink Roca Labs with a lemonade mix; walk for full lunch hour; one yogurt cup for lunch; salad for dinner; new scale. We'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment