Thursday, April 3, 2014

Relatively happy!

My day began with a total success, I had my Hydroxycut and Raspberry Ketone first thing, then drank my formula about an hour later. I used a lemonade mix again and together with the flavor of the formula itself, it comes out just like a tropical lemonade. I drank my whole portion and it did get thicker as I neared the end, but that was solved by me adding a little bit more water, shaking it again then downing it.

Lunch: half a Costco blueberry muffin (NOT RECOMMENDED, damn things are so nice and fluffy it DID NOT fill me up at all). But I had about 30-40oz of water with it and during my 40minute walk, so I was ok.

Snack: a mango fruit cup (70 calories) with Anti-Cravings mixed in

Dinner: My folks served my biggest weakness, RICE. Having been born in Hong Kong, rice is a stable in mine and my family's diet. Luckily it was just a form of simple chicken & rice and I had maybe about 2 servings of it plus about 5oz of chicken, not oily, not too much sodium. But I also had some soup (Chinese soup is "brewed" for hours with various bones, marrow, etc for flavor). It probably totaled somewhere around 7-800 calories.

Overall, I consumed about 7-800 calories after my walk cancelled out my half muffin.

Verdict on DRINKING Roca Labs: not as effective, didn't keep me full nearly as long, after drinking a whole dose, I started getting hungry and had to have my Anti-Cravings about 3:45pm and even then got hungry much before my actual dinner with family. Had I not been running around packing for the weekend and driving up to see the folks, I probably would've snacked.

Scale: after thinking about it, the accuracy of any home based scale is questionable. So even if the number may not have 100% accurate, I'd rather track my PROCESS rather than accuracy. I'm going to stick with my old crappy scale that I started with when I began Roca Labs.

Day one (3/23/14): 181
Day twelve (4/3/14): 175.5
Lost: 5.5 lbs

I guess that's not bad, but I had definitely hoped for more. After reading reviews, I think my original calorie intake wasn't extremely high so even by reducing it and exercising, my weight loss isn't going to be as dramatic as others online.

Calculation: there's approximately 2.5 twelve-day periods in a month (30 days), if I at least keep my pace now, I will lose about 13.75 lbs a month. I was planning on doing Roca Labs for 4 months (stopping on July 23rd to allow for dress alterations).....that equals 55 lbs. With my beginning weight of 181 lbs, 55 lbs lost is 126 lbs! And the ideal weight range for someone my height (5'1") is approx. 100-130lb. So I'll be right at the mark! Hopefully with the coming warmer and dryer weather, I'll be able to walk more and as I get more in shape, I can even jog/run! Which will increase my weight loss too!

So even though I'm not particularly happy with my progress so far, if I at least keep up with it, I'll be relatively happy with the results. I can sleep better knowing that now :)


All that being said, I need something in between gagging on the gunky jello of refrigerating Roca Labs and the watery not-as-effective drinking of liquid Roca Labs. I think I'll let it stand for 3 minutes (which is what their instructions used to say) and then "eat" it like a thick gel. Also, dinner seems to be my worst enemy. I want to try splitting my daily dosage into 2, one smaller morning one (I usually have zero problems keeping calorie intake low until dinner time anyhow) and one larger late afternoon one. I find that one purple scoop is perfect for me, so I'll be sure that the two doses will equal up to about one full purple dose.

Tomorrow: 2 Hydroxycut and 1 Raspberry Ketone upon waking; split Roca Labs dose into a morning and afternoon dose (let sit for 3 minutes); leftover Chinese soup and other half of muffin for lunch; walk if it's not raining; small dinner portion

I will be TRYING MY HARDEST to keep on my Roca Labs and calorie intake low while I'm on my trip!! Hopefully I'll have good news on Monday (or at least not bad news)!

2 comments:

  1. I have read in most reviews that the Roca Labs is more effective when eaten and then drinking lots of water. That way the gastric bypass effect would be longer and more effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah now that I'm using the lemonade flavor mix with Roca Labs, it's MUCH easier for me to EAT. Sometimes I find that eating then drinking water limits the amount of water I feel like I can drink before I throw up. So a lot of times I will take a small bit of Roca Labs, keep it in my mouth, take a drink of water and swallow it like a pill!

    Not only does it help with my gag reflex but I drink a lot more too!

    ReplyDelete