Thursday, April 10, 2014

One happy gal :)

*background music "Happy" by Pharrell Williams*

I am one happy gal today! So yesterday I brought my actual calorie intake up to 1163 with a big dose of lean protein and I FELT GREAT!!

Breakfast snack: handful of natural local tortilla chips ~ 60 calories
Lunch: tuna and egg salad (no mayo, 2 farm fresh soft-boiled egg from the microwave provided all the liquid I needed to mix it altogether) ~ 310 calories
Dinner: leftover Zuppa Tuscana soup, 4.5 pieces of lemon pepper tilapia by the future hubby plus the leftover 1/3 serving of spaghetti ~793 calories
Exercise: 45 minutes of walking
TOTAL: 978 after exercise (still low I know, but I was sooooo satisfied!)

I STRUGGLED to eat all of this! Lunch was delicious and very healthy, I suppose I could've just used egg whites but I need to get the calories (AND the eggs were literally farm fresh from my boss' chickens THAT morning!). Even though it was a small bowl, all the lean protein in it filled me up for the entire afternoon. I didn't even have to take my afternoon reinforcement dose of Roca Labs!

I came home hungry and had the leftover soup right away. Then we took the puppy out for about a 15-20minute walk before coming back to make dinner. Through miscommunication, we thawed wayyy too many pieces of tilapia, but it worked out, cuz I need the calories, especially from such a lean healthy protein!

Let me tell you, I STRUGGLED to eat all of it. I could've stopped half way through but I knew I needed it and it was truly a good source of nutrition and energy.

A pleasant surprise, after emailing Roca Labs about believing I couldn't lose weight as fast as others because my original intake wasn't as high, I actually got A CALL FROM A COACH! Her name was Roxie and she was very nice and informative. She says I should focus less on the pounds and more on the inches. She says although it's still a bit early to tell, but I may be the 'inch losing type' vs. the 'pound losing type'. I told her I did noticing my work slacks fitting a little differently, and all my extra fat feeling more.......soft? blubbery? She says although Roca Labs will make me feel full much quicker, I still need to get the calories in. Eat more, healthier and more often to keep my metabolism going all day she says. She also says I absolutely must have at least 1000 calories or else I'll probably even gain weight. She admits it's true that those who consumed tons of unhealthy calories to begin with will lose much more and faster than I, but she says my weight WILL COME OFF. Don't give up! She even said I can check back in at the end of my first month (in about 1.5 weeks) and ask for her specifically and we'll catch up on my progress. Who says Roca Labs has bad customer service?!

All in all, I lost half a pound in just one day! I know, it's teeny tiny compared to others but for me, that's good. Especially considering how stuffed I felt. So I'm down 5lbs in 19 days, that puts me at 176lbs. I'm very happy, I'm back on track, losing weight and feeling VERY satisfied. This isn't a diet at all!

I'm going to start a protein powder tomorrow. I went to Walmart (yes I'm cheap) and actually found a really high quality one! It's called the "Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Isolate".



It's only got 130 calories each scoop, 0.5g of fat, 1g of carbs, <1g of sugar and a whopping 30g of protein! It's like a fancy pancy expensive health store protein! It's basically pure protein. It was about $22-23 at Walmart. I'm very happy with it and got it in the Vanilla Crème flavor so I can use it to blend with my morning smoothie (which I plan to do from now on so I can have my metabolism start going before lunch, which used to be my first meal).


Tomorrow: 2 Hydroxycut & 1 Raspberry Ketone; half purple dose of Roca Labs; strawberry banana smoothie w/ 1 scoop of protein; as much as I want of a Costco blueberry muffin (I know it's bad but it's going to rot if I don't eat them); stuffed peppers for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment