Monday, March 31, 2014

Gag........

Happy Monday!

I began my Monday.....gagging on my formula. I've never experienced this before! Mixed it the same way, same flavor, same EVERYTHING, and here I am gagging on it. I tried to breathe through it, set my mind on other things (I was having it while driving to work as usual), swallow it with water like a pill, biting down on it as if it was jello, NOTHING worked!

Finally I sat down at my desk at work and literally nibbled at it and was able to get through half. I felt horrible about wasting my expensive formula but I was also mystified why I was gagging on it a week later.


I immediately emailed Roca Labs and they sent me their standard 'Tasty Ways to take your Dose' or something like that. It talked about various methods like smelling the powder, thinking about your desired results, mixing it with applesauce (which I think would be REVOLTING), anddddddd blending it into a smoothie!

Link: http://rocalabs.com/support/instructions/tips-for-tasty-dose/

And there was my AH-HA moment.

I will blend it into a morning fruit smoothie and it'll be great! I even did some research about the formula in smoothie form and found good reviews. So it was decided, I'm heading to Costco for some frozen mixed fruit/berries after work!

Lunch: 3 pieces of skinless fried chicken (1 thigh, 2 drumsticks), after some research, it supposedly put me out to about 250-300 calories

Exercise: After lunch, I went to a nearby park and walked around their track for 40min. For my weight, the walk basically cancelled out my lunch.

Dinner: The fiancé had work obligations until around 8:15pm, so I just did some wedding DIY while waiting for him. I was practically dizzy with hunger by then....I know, not good, but I knew we had planned to eat out and didn't want to risk snacking, only to have him return 5 minutes later. We went to a teriyaki joint and we shared a gyoza (dumplings) appetizer, I ate his side salad cuz I was about to pass out, then I had maybe 15-20% of my chicken yakisoba. I got a takeout box and it filled up all the little slots!
 


Overall, I think it was a successful Monday, considering I had not even half of my formula goo, I still filled up quickly and even exercised for 40 minutes! I'm super excited to try my smoothie tomorrow, let's see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment