Sunday, March 30, 2014

Week One

I officially began my Roca Labs on Sunday March 23rd, 2014. So the night before I followed their directions for mixing the formula, and then putting it in the fridge for at least an hour. Except they're sort of confusing, they advise that the formula be taken ASAP when you wake up, but that it also needs to sit in the fridge for an hour before consumption. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I simply do not have an hour to wait around in the morning before hauling a** to work. So clever me decided I would always premix it and let it sit overnight.

Sunday morning (181 lbs): Woke up about 8:30am or so, rolled around in bed with the dogs for a bit then went to do my Roca Labs. When I opened the container it was a thick jello-ish consistency and I immediately started dreading it. I naturally have a strong gag reflex (seriously, a trip to the dentist will empty my stomach for the day) so I did not look forward to it. Surprisingly, it wasn't THAT bad. Ok, it was bad, but not THAT bad. I followed directions like a good girl and followed each bite with a drink of water. About 60% of the way through, I was stuffed. "Yay, this is working!" I thought. Throughout the day, I did notice I didn't get hungry as fast and also filled up much faster. I was delighted! I even took the dogs for a half hour walk and got the recommended half hour exercise in!

Over the course of the week I continued to follow Roca Labs explicitly, drank a ton of water, ate less and also drank the Anti-Cravings when I knew I was nearing the end of the 'effects'. It wasn't hard serving myself less food but it was definitely hard determining when I'm full. Truth is, I DID feel full much faster, but that feeling is difficult to distinguish from the constant water-fullness you feel while on Roca Labs.

Wednesday 3/26/14: 178lbs
Thursday 3/27/14: 176.5lbs

Friday: This is where I screwed up. My lovely coworker surprised everyone with Dairy Queen lunches and I ate.....all of it. Chili dog, fries and sundae. I was smart and only took a couple sips of the soda because Roca Labs says it'll cause bloating. BAD BAD.

Saturday: I had fallen asleep while watching TV Friday night and forgot to make my formula, so I wasn't able to have it first thing. Then came my doctor's appointment, who is so wonderfully on the same block as McDonalds. And who could avoid that delicious McDonald's breakfast after a doctor's appointment?! And there was my dilemma, eat my breakfast while it is hot and delicious or have my formula first and not have the appetite for my delicious breakfast until lunch time (which we all know McDonalds will be disgusting by then). Andddddd my decision was....just eat my breakfast. I was going to eat my formula afterwards but after finding out the calories (1090) in my breakfast, there was no point. The formula was so darn expensive there's no point wasting it on a day I knew was down the drain already. Dinner time came and I didn't do too bad, just slapped together a couple skewers (seafood and green peppers) and stuck them in the oven.

Sunday: Woke up and struggled with my formula in bed until at least 11:30am, then my fiancĂ©, being the sweetheart that he is, made us a delicious branch with lemon pepper tilapia and rice pilaf. Didn't do anything other than clean the house a bit so calorie burning was minimal. But didn't do bad with dinner either, we went to a local restaurant and each had a bowl of Pho (which has minimal calories besides the carbs).

All in all, not a bad first week. I had a really good start but fell slightly off the wagon during the weekend. But I also figured out be more attentive to my stomach's signals too. Even on the day that I fell off the wagon, my food consumption still wasn't crazy.....probably due to quilt too. But I've been scared to weigh myself since Thursday, so I have no idea where I'm at.




TOTAL for Week One: 4.5lbs lost
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment